Sunday, September 30, 2007

Last Week of September

I havent been so religious in posting in this blog anymore. I dont know why. This past week was really good as I didnt cheat the entire week but dont know why I didnt post anything about my progress either.

Our morning runs have been OK. We both run with a day of rest in between each run and although my pace and stamina fell badly after the rest I had after my Bluewater 10KM race, I've been trying to build it up all over again. I'm not yet back to the form I was before the Bluewater race but I'm getting there - slow and steady. LOL!! The Hyde Park race I went just for the fun of it not that I was really fit. On good days, we complete our runs in 37 - 40 minutes. My pace is faster now too when we run - there was a time during our run one day when I was tired and decided to slow down and that was when I realised how far I had come as the pace I had slowed down to, I now realise used to be the 'normal' pace I used to run at previously.

The only snag now is that the mornings are so cold when we come out that it takes a lot of courage to still stay out and complete the run and not run back into the warmth of our various homes. What, oh what will I do when the winter months and cold comes proper?!?!?!? We run again tomorrow and hopefully, will run on wednesday and friday too. Hope I'll have a good report.

I'm looking forward to the 21 day challenge. Apart from my 3-4 day a week run, I no longer seem to be as enthusiastic about my home work out as much as I used to be and reading through LB's "21 day challenge" posts actually makes me look forward to exercising with you all from the 8th.

2 comments:

Abimars said...

Hiya, pls stop by my blog to receive your award, lol wots this challenge all about can I join in?

princesa said...

Abeg dont lose steam o!
I havnt seen you on my blog CG. Wetin happen na...we dey quarell??

 
ss_blog_claim=ef692c558628efc54b5e3b49d35c7832