Monday, June 25, 2007

4th Week of June

MONDAY
  • Brunch - Chicken
  • Dinner - Chicken
  • Snack - Chicken
  • 2 Litres of Water

Been eating loads of chicken today. Must remind self to make some meals soon. Went running this evening. Had pysched (sp) myself that I would try and go at a very slow pace and not mind the pace of others. There was just a few of us running today due to the wet weather. It started well and than after the first 10 minutes, this pain set in and one of the trainers said it might be .... oops forgotten the name she mentioned but something to do with ankle or shin injury and that hindered my run a bit and made me walk a lot. I made it back to the finish line in 50 minutes I think. I was just thinking to myself - I cant afford to be injured 6 days before my first race but now I'm back home, the pain seems to have vanished.

Just finished my homework out - 90 minutes. I noticed my tummy was protuding seriously today through my running outfit. (Ok - I confess - I took delivery of some proper running clothes today and my tummy which I didnt think was that bad was so visible in them) While I was running, sometimes I cant help but look at the shop wiondows and I could see this fatty bumbum with a big tummy running past the windows. LOL!! Haba - I need to step up on the sit ups. LOL!!

I've done my situps, crunches, tricep dips, bicep curls, as well as some walking lunges and squats - I know I said I wouldnt do any more lunges but couldnt resist (smile) managed to do just 10 each as well as seated arm curls, reverse curls, glute raises and all the other usual stuff.

TUESDAY

  • Breakfast - Omlette
  • Lunch - Salad
  • Dinner - Chicken
  • Snack - 2 Avocados
  • 2 Litres of Water

Had a brief home workout this morning. Was on kitchen duties all afternoon so not running this evening. Will go out tomorrow morning to make up for today. Just some home workout left which will be done later on and my day will be complete.

WEDNESDAY

  • Breakfast - Omlette
  • Snack - Avocado
  • Lunch - Salad
  • Dinner - Chicken
  • 2 Litres of Water

Went power walking with my weights today - 10km since I couldnt go running earlier on in the day. The walk was about 2hrs, 40 minutes with a stop over at my friends house at the 6km mark. Off to do the home workouts now.

THURSDAY

  • Happy Birthday BUKI!!!

Our run this morning was good. Though we made it back to the finishing line in 63 minutes. We probably rested too much on the 5k route. Thats what I want to believe anyway. LOL! We ran bouts of mostly 5 - 8 minutes each time. We'll see how tomorrow go. No pains at all from the walk yesterday thanks to the painkillers I took. Lets see if I can manage any home workout before my day begins!!

I did my home workouts this morning yeah!! Normally, I try to divide them into two sections - 30 minutes for the crunches and situps and all those exercises that dont involve dumbells and then 30 minutes for the dumbell exercises. I discovered an illustration of 'beginners push ups' in 'Smart girls do dumbells' and I have been doing my push ups with my knees touching the ground. Today, I was pleasantly surprised when I finished doing the first set and discovered I had done the push ups without my knees touching the ground and did a second set just to be sure I wasnt dreaming. I'm sure I didnt go as low as the professionals do, but hey, its a start.

  • Brunch - Avocado
  • Lunch - Salad
  • Dinner - Bacon Joints & Vegetables
  • 2 Litres of Water

FRIDAY

I intend to go running for the last time this evening and see how my fitness level is in preparation for sunday. We didnt go this morning as planned cos it was wet outside - an excuse for the fact that we were both very sleepy. (smile) Did my homeworkout - 30 minutes crunches and sit ups and others and 30 minutes for the dumbell exercises.

  • Brunch - Avocado
  • Lunch - Salad
  • Dinner - Vegetables
  • 3 Litres of Water

Went running in the park this evening. I am done with any more homeworkouts or running until Sunday. I'm hoping that there'll be loads of other runners so I can pace myself properly. I think I run better when there are people ahead and behind me.

SATURDAY

Did a mini home work out today. The easy exercises. Crunches and bicep curls and situps nothing stressful. Want to be fully refreshed for tommorrow. So excited and apprehensive at the same time. LOL!!

  • Brunch - Scrambled Eggs
  • Lunch - Salad
  • Dinner - Soup
  • 2 Litres of Water

SUNDAY

  • Breakfast - Omelette
  • Lunch - Salad
  • Snack - Crunchy bar from the race goody bag
  • Dinner - Plantain

Thanks everyone for being there for me. It wouldnt have been possible without your support and encouragement. I had a fun and swell time at the race today. Check out my post on the race HERE.

6 comments:

LondonBuki said...

Ok... I think you need to rest your legs for the rest of the week... maybe only one more run before your race, ok? The pain probably subsided because you were not running at that point...

LOL @ Fatty bum bum... haven't heard that in ages!!! Stop being over critical jare! You are working on losing weight so don't worry about all that. When I am running, I always check out my reflection at any opportunity, you are not on your own! LOL!

LittleGirlLost said...

I admire all the effort you are putting into your excercise and workout regime. Weight loss aside, you must be so much fitter than when you first started. Go CG!

LondonBuki said...

Well done you! Please rest on Saturday o!

Thank you :-)

princess said...

I really cant understand why you havnt lost weight yet (as in on the scales).If not that am making progress on the diet,i for donbegin doubt this Atkins diet o! Anyway, maybe yours is a case of 'metabolic resistance'.
Check out my latest post on "Taking control".
have a luvly weekend darl and enjoy your race.

Calabar Gal said...

@LB: I am indeed resting on saturday. Couldnt resist playing with the dumbells a little and doing a couple of crunches too though.

@LGL: I think I am fitter too. No more puffing and panting like I used to in March. LOL!!

@Princess: Metabolic resistance maybe. LOL!! More the results of the steady cheating in between causing me to forever be in induction. LOL!! I think the dumbells are causing me to loose inches now too. So you're loosing weight rapidly huh? Dont worry, me and LGL will get there too - soon. LOL!!

LondonBuki said...

Race news....?

 
ss_blog_claim=ef692c558628efc54b5e3b49d35c7832