Tuesday, June 12, 2007

2nd Week of June

Monday

Ketostix has moved up one colour code. Guess I deserve it cos of what I did.

  • Breakfast - Hotdogs
  • Lunch - Meatballs
  • Dinner - Soup
  • Snack - Boiled Egg
  • 4 Litres of Water

Went running today. Started the run at 18.35 and tried to maintain my normal pace when I'm running alone but its hard when others around you are going at faster paces. Pretty soon, I was last again and with a mixture of walking and running, was soon on the return leg back to the starting point. The return leg was much easier - maybe the thought that the race was almost over helped?!?! LOL!! Finished the race at 19.17.

  • 1st Lap - 3 miles - 42 minutes.

TUESDAY

Doing my situps and squats and bicep curls this morning. Didnt get to do them yesterday. Was a pretty busy day for me.

  • Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs
  • Snack - Avocado
  • Lunch - Chicken Pieces and Chicken Satay
  • Dinner - Fish
  • 3 Litres of Water

Didnt go running today cos my entire body hurt so much after work, I knew it wouldnt just work so I went home instead. I've been running since friday and I think I'm going to take a well deserved break from running until Thursday or Friday.

WEDNESDAY

  • Breakfast - Chicken
  • Lunch - Chicken
  • Dinner - Chicken Soup
  • 2 Litres of Water

Did my bicep curls today - not much else. Purposely did them as slowly as possible. Was terribly tired.

THURSDAY

My ketostix is back to normal now. Phew!!

  • Breakfast - An Avocado
  • Lunch - Soup
  • Dinner - Soup
  • Snack - Uncountable Cheese Slices
  • 3 Litres of water

I was watching big brother Nikki and Gerry doing thier situps today. My 'dumbell' books will be landing this weekend hopefully. I confess I havent done any exercise at all today. I'm hurting all over from the exertion of Mon - Wed. Spoke to RP today and we're meeting up 5.30am tomorrow to run.

FRIDAY

Today was mixed. Spurts of walking and running and we talked about how we have to walk on doing something about our pace as we ran, that it was disgraceful. (smile) We tried out runnig fartlecks too but gave up after the first round and ran steady instead.

  • Breakfast - Avocado
  • Lunch - U wouldnt want to know
  • Dinner - U wouldnt want to know either. LOL!!
  • 6pm and I havent drank any water all day yet apart from the diet kick I drank in the morning. Disgraceful! LOL!!

My ketostix is back to an unsightly colour first thing this morning. I just tasted 2 only grains of hubby's rice last night to see if it was soft while coooking it (I swear I didnt take more than that - next time, I will spit it out after tasting to seeif it is soft) or was it the teeny weeny half of fried dodo I popped into my mouth instead of the bin, leftover from his dinner last night? Aaaaaarrrrggggh!!

SATURDAY

Thanks to Sennakot the miracle worker, my ketostix is back to normal overnight. RP and I went for our run earlier on today and ran spurts of 10 minutes in between walking on our 5km route and made it back in 50 minutes.

  • Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs
  • Snack - Avocado
  • Lunch - Soup
  • Snack - Slimfast Shake
  • Dinner - Soup
  • 2 Litres of Water

Will do my situps and bicep curls later on today.

SUNDAY

Nil Exercise. Was a bit careful with my food also. Weighed myself today at boots. Contrary to all the hard work I feel I have put in, my weight is now 88kg in contrast to the 85kg it was a couple of days ago. It just makes me want to give up but I wont. I'll try and keep trudging on. My 20kg original target was set for June ending but now with so much yoyoing between 85-88kg, I just have to extend it for another 3 months if I'm to see any reasonable results.

9 comments:

LondonBuki said...

Hey CG... this was the Nike run again? Good job going again!

Where do I get info about it?

Calabar Gal said...

Its on the R4W page. Sublink - STARTING OUT. Then u scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see "LATEST STARTING OUT FEATURES & ARTICLES". The running club is the forst article or link there.

Or you simply google womens running club or nike running club.

moi said...

Hi CG, I'm doing fine! Thanks for asking. I know you're doing fine as well. Have a wonderful day! Later....

Chameleon said...

hey girl, i tried emailing you recipe but it bounced. ive placed it as a post on my page.

LondonBuki said...

5.30am???? Wow! Well done!

Thank you, checked the link out. It's only on Mondays so I can't make it :-(

Calabar Gal said...

@London Buki: But thats the normal time we've been going to run. Havent I mentioned it before? It varies btw 5.30am & 6.30am cos she dosent want people to see her running so we have to go early. It is dificult to wake up sometimes but we understand and act as each other's alarm clock if one person is enjoying her sleep too much each morning. (Smile)

The running club is twice weekly. Mondays is for Ladies and Tuesdays is mixed. It is advertised boldly everywhere in Niketown - the doors and on each floor.

princess said...

CG, keep it up. Seriously i wonder why the scales havnt started showing 60kg with all the efforts u put in. Keep it up sha, u go soon be lepa shandy.
Luvly weekend. I want to read ur comment on my blog o!

Calabar Gal said...

@princess: Its not as easy as it sounds. With all my hardwork and dedication, they silly weight has refused to shift anymore. I've been yoyoing steadily between 85kg and 88kg since April. Getting frustrated.

LittleGirlLost said...

I have a theory, that because of the excercise you might be building muscle. In order to gain muscle weight Body builders combine a high protein diet with weightlifting. Do not despair. Use that tape measure. If you are bulking up its good muscle bulk and it will make your arms more toned while taking the fat away from places like your belly.
To test the theory try that tape measure or try a pair of jeans that was too tight and see how it fits. Don't despair. You are doing good and are probably getting toned in all the right places.

:)

 
ss_blog_claim=ef692c558628efc54b5e3b49d35c7832