Monday, May 21, 2007

4th Week of May

MONDAY
  • Breakfast - Omlette
  • Snack - Tomatoes
  • Supper - Roast and Scrambled Eggs
  • 3 Litres of Water

No exercise today. May rest until Wednesday before I go running again.

TUESDAY

  • Breakfast - Fried Eggs as usual (Must look for some other breakfast option)
  • Lunch - Roast Pork Ribs
  • Dinner - Beef
  • 3 Litres of Water

WEDNESDAY

  • Breakfast - Omelette
  • Lunch - Chicken Pieces
  • Dinner - Roast Chicken
  • 3 Litres of Water

Will exercise tomorrow. 100 Situps.

THURSDAY

  • Breakfast - Omelette
  • Lunch - Bar of Chocolate - Oh dear!
  • Dinner - Maple Popcorn - 2 packs for good measure. If you're going to be naughty, be very, very naughty indeed. lol!
  • 2 Litres of Water

FRIDAY

Went for our usual weekend run earlier on in the morning. These were our times:

  • 1st Lap - 1.26 KM - 10 minutes
  • 2nd Lap - 1.41 KM - 10 minutes
  • 3rd Lap - 1.46 KM - 10 minutes
  • 4th Lap - 0.57 KM - 5 minutes

It was good but I must confess my legs could barely lift themselves up after the first two laps. I'm working on endurance and stamina right now - speedwork can be done later on.

  • Breakfast - Scrambled eggs
  • Lunch - Fish
  • Dinner - Roast Chicken
  • 2.5 Litres of Water

SATURDAY

  • First Lap 1.87KM - 16 minutes
  • Second Lap 2.36KM - 20 minutes
  • Third Lap 1.23 KM - 10 minutes

It wasnt bad at all today. I'm sure very soon (next weekend or two hopefully) we'll be able to run the entire 5.23KM without stopping. It will be so lovely that day!!

  • Breakfast - Fried Eggs
  • Snack - Avocado
  • Lunch - Fish
  • Snack - An Avocado
  • Dinner - Chicken and Gizzard
  • 3 Litres of Water

SUNDAY

  • Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs
  • Snack - An Avocado
  • Lunch - Turkey Pieces
  • Dinner - Fish
  • 2 Litres of Water

14 comments:

LittleGirlLost said...

You seem to manage on so little.
When are you checking your weight? Shall we set a date to check and see if we've lost anything then we can both work towards that.
Breakfast ideas...its tricky eggs are just so safe. Do you eat pork? Try having an egg and frankfurters or egg and bacon to break up the monotony.

Calabar Gal said...

@LGL: I checked last Friday and its still stalling at 87KG. I intend to weigh myself again on the 1st of June to see if theres any improvement. Shall we make it a date then? Yes I do eat pork. Will check the carb contents of frankfurters. Had planned to give up sausages cos of thier high carb content. Some Sausages contain as much as 5gms of carb each!

LittleGirlLost said...

I know all about sausages and their high carb content. The frankfurters are so much better (seeing as they are mostly water) Its like 0.something grammes of carb per frankfurter. I'll check and let you know.
Yes 1st june its a date. Now I can get really obsessive about this diet.

Vickii said...

Well done you two ... good to see you're still sticking at it CG! Unfortunately I can't suggest anything else for breakfast because eggs seem like the only option ... maybe try and be more adventurous with the types of eggs you have. Or you could have one of those atkins breakfast bars they sell in boots but they have quite a few carbs so you'll have to limit them.

Thanks so much for sponsoring me hun, I really appreciate it!

princess said...

Hey girl, u are doing great(no worry about the bar of choc). I wish io was half as loyal to the diet as u are. Wanted to take cereals this morning but resisted tha temptation and didnt eat breakfast. i had beans and plantain for lunch tho thats not eveb better. Somehow i still believe i will reach my ideal weight soon, believe that too ok and keep up the work, there is no way that scale aint showing something positive on june 1st.
Have a great weekend.

Mommy said...

Hmmmm...I think your body is just adjusting to the strain and change, plus the 5kg you lost na all the water that your body had been retaining. But don't give up oh! I am with you on this one. I went to visit my uncle yesterday and the first thing he said was that I was looking trimmer...I was ecstatic, I almost fainted. SInce my weight gain, I have never bothered climbing a scale. The thought alone scares me. Sooooo...I am going to join you and LGL on the 1st June thing...pray for me o.

Calabar Gal said...

@LGL: June 1st it is then. I'm so scared. My body has refused to burn any more fat steadily for the past 6 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed.

@Vickii: I'll go to boots and have a look. Cheers. Good Luck with your race on Monday.

@princess: Beans and plantain is very, very good and acceptable for Atkins if you are past induction stage.

@mommy: June 1st it is then. It is disheartening sometimes but I'll try not to give up. Are you trying Atkins too or another diet? I'm sure you'll have great news on June 1st.

Calabar Gal said...

@mommy: Whats your weight right now?

LondonBuki said...

Well Done CG... I am sure your clothes are a bit looser now :-)

Keep us posted.

LondonBuki said...

And thank you so much for your sponsorship :-)

Calabar Gal said...

@LondonBuki: My bottoms are a losing some inches and getting easier to put them on. Its the tops I'm not so sure about. Good Luck with ur race on Monday too.

Mommy said...

Sincerely, I don't know how much I weight right now. The thing dey fear me BUT June 1st, I will get to know.
Pss...My colleague told me I look as though I have lost some weight...yeepeeeee!!
I dont do Atkins. I tried once but it did not 'werk' for me. So I am just doing the fasting and prayer type of diet (lol). I had one boiled egg for breakfast today. This afternoon I helped myself with two juicy mangoes. The next food that would visit my mouth would be breakfast tomorrow. I don't have a problem with my upper body. My tummy is flat...its my lower body that gives me GREAT concern.

Mommy said...

So I am sitting my own jeje in my office and one girl comes to me with a pamphlet. Ask me whats written on it...GR2 COntrol...re-educates your body towards proper weight management. They are pills. "Healthy weight loss pills" she says. Calabargal do you think I should venture into it? My fear is if I stop taking them, all the fat that I loose would come back. Abeg reply ASAP.

Calabar Gal said...

I would say get them too but dont rely too heavily on them. The key to maintaining weight loss as we all know is eating healthily. So depending on weight loss pills while eating all the doughnuts and meatpies will result to nil weight loss.

As written on them, they work when combined with a weight loss plan or healthy eating. Get them.

 
ss_blog_claim=ef692c558628efc54b5e3b49d35c7832