Tuesday, May 01, 2007

1st May Week

MONDAY

  • Brunch - Cheese Slice
  • Lunch - Fish
  • Dinner - Soup
  • Snack - 2 Cheese Slices
  • 3 Litres of Water

I discovered that the entire carb count of the 14 slices in a pack of cheddar cheese amounts to only 0.4g of carbs compared to the previous brand of cheese I was eating in which a slice had 1.4g of carbs so I have switched over to cheddar cheese. I am determined to take drastic measures and make this work.

TUESDAY

  • Snack - Cheese Slices
  • Lunch - Soup
  • Dinner - Chicken
  • 3 Litres of Water

Made my Fish and Beef meals today. I'm fully kitted out for the week and determined to minimize to the fullest my carb intake this week. Lets see how it goes.

WEDNESDAY

  • Brunch - Boiled Egg
  • Lunch - Beef
  • Snack - Cheese Slices
  • Dinner - 3 Large Tomatoes
  • 2.5 Litres of Water

Went power walking this evening round the park for an hour. Its all good.

THURSDAY

  • Brunch - Boiled Egg
  • Dinner - Fish
  • Snack - Cucumber Slices + cheese slices (As usual - LOL!!)
  • 2.5 Litres of Water

Power Walking for one hour again!!!

FRIDAY

  • Brunch - Boiled Egg and a Tomato
  • Lunch - Chicken
  • Dinner - Fish
  • Snacks - Cheese and Cucumber Slices
  • 3 Litres of Water

I weighed myself today. I still weigh 85KG so my ticker will not move just yet. Got to work harder this May. My target is losing 5kg more by the end of May.

SATURDAY

  • Breakfast - I Omelette
  • Lunch - Plantain & Beans
  • Snack - Cheese and Cucumber slices
  • Dinner - Soup
  • 2 Litres of water

Went jogging with my running partner this morning for about 30 minutes. We're power walking tomorrow.

SUNDAY

  • Breakfast - 1 Fried Egg
  • Lunch - Chicken
  • Snack - Fried Chicken Pieces
  • Dinner - Beef
  • 2.5 Litres of Water

Today's exercise was good. We jogged and power walked intermittently and I'm glad to say that the jogging was less stressful and I was able to keep jogging for up to 4-5minutes at a time with my ankle weights. My body seems to be getting used to the ankle weights now. I wear them everywhere I go during the day - the entire weekend too. Being too overzealous?!?!?

7 comments:

LondonBuki said...

Hey CG... it's good you have things you actually enjoy i.e. peppersoup. It'll make things much easier...

Chameleon said...

CG... ive been eating the wrong foods. im starting my induction again! :-(

princess said...

Hey Calabar gal, just read through ur blog and i must really commend ur efforts. Girl u r super!!!
Coincidentally, i am also on the Atkins diet(or at least i like to think i am, lol) but the truth is dat though i try so hard to keep to the rules, i find myself slipping. You know how it is with most of the foods you find in Naija, loaded with carbs!and coupled with my job i hardly find time to cook the kind of meals i would have loved just like u do.
But funny enough with the little efforts i make, i notice am losing weight and people are commenting positively about it.
I was weighing 85kg which doesnt realy show cos am quite tall.I havnt checked my weight since i started(just didnt want to be disappointed) but will do so soon now its obvious am losing.
Keep it up girl, it will surely be worth it when u reach ur goal.

Calabar Gal said...

@Londonbuki: I hope it does.

@Chameleon: Google Atkins Acceptable Foods list so you'll have some guide on what foods are acceptable or not. You should be a pro in Atkins now? Or is it a case of the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak? LOL!!

@Princess: It always is welcoming when people notice you are losing some weight. Even if you eat out, I'm sure you can try and stick to eating just meat or chicken etc. Its hard I know what with all the meatpies and chicken pies and other tasty foods all over lagos.

Waffarian said...

Hi girl! sorry I disappeared, but I could hardly keep up with writing in LondonBuki's challenge and writing here, did not have enough time! Please forgive me. Anyway, saw your comment on Buki's blog, I have been using the schedule that Buki had when she started running, my dear, it works! Three weeks ago, I started with only 1 minute!If you are interested, I could send you the schedule or you can always get it from Buki's blog!

moi said...

Hi CG, keep it up!!!! You'll certainly get there! My ticker has moved like you said. I got on the scale not expecting it but I had dropped 2 more pounds!Are you sure you're eating enough? "They" say you should try not to eat too few calories (i.e less than 1200) a day because your body goes into starvation mode and holds all the food you eat. Don't know if its true but thats what I've heard! I'm sure your ticker is also going to move way to the right!

Calabar Gal said...

@Waffarian: You are right. I noticed the link to April and May when she first started in her sidebar this morning when I was reading her post. I'll be referring to them. Maybe I have been trying to do too much. I normally try to run an entire length of the park b4 I stop to pause for breath and thats normally two minutes. So technically, even though it takes me about 8 minutes to run round the entire park, I dont run for more than 2-3minutes at a time before stopping to catch some breath and rest. Do send me the schedule too - calabargal2@yahoo.co.uk. Any infrmation is valuable info. Thanks.

@MOI: I must weigh myself tomorrow unfailingly. I hope my body dosent go into starvation mode. That would be bad. No do make I fear abeg. I eat in between meals even if its only cheese, tomatoes and cucumber slices I nibble on. So its not as if I'm starving myself. Thanks for the advice though.

 
ss_blog_claim=ef692c558628efc54b5e3b49d35c7832